Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Three Steinbrenner athletes sign in early period
Posted Nov 16, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Nov 16, 2012 at 05:58 PM
Steinbrenner had three student athletes sign National Letters of Intent Friday in the early signing period. Baseball player Chase Turner (Florida Gulf Coast), basketball player Bailey Hooker (Southeastern University) and softball player Jillian Lewis (Coker College in Hartsville, NC) all signed at the school on Friday according to Steinbrenner baseball coach John Crumbley.
Turner, a first baseman and outfielder hit .354 last season for the Warriors baseball team with 17 runs scored and nine RBI.
Hooker led Steinbrenner’s basketball team to the region quarterfinals in her junior season averaging 19.4 points-per-game. She has 32 points through the Warriors (2-0) first two games.
Lewis, who plays second base and outfield, has been a three-year varsity player for the Warriors softball team.