Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Three Steinbrenner athletes sign in early period
Posted Nov 16, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Nov 16, 2012 at 05:58 PM
Steinbrenner had three student athletes sign National Letters of Intent Friday in the early signing period. Baseball player Chase Turner (Florida Gulf Coast), basketball player Bailey Hooker (Southeastern University) and softball player Jillian Lewis (Coker College in Hartsville, NC) all signed at the school on Friday according to Steinbrenner baseball coach John Crumbley.
Turner, a first baseman and outfielder hit .354 last season for the Warriors baseball team with 17 runs scored and nine RBI.
Hooker led Steinbrenner’s basketball team to the region quarterfinals in her junior season averaging 19.4 points-per-game. She has 32 points through the Warriors (2-0) first two games.
Lewis, who plays second base and outfield, has been a three-year varsity player for the Warriors softball team.