Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
Posted May 15, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 15, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Three Hudson High girls soccer players — Haley Walker, Brooke McKillen and Sarah Staley — will sign to play in college during a ceremony at the school Friday at noon, Cobras coach Stephen Jones said in an e-mail.
“These three girls have had a fantastic career at Hudson High School, including one District Championship, one District Runner-up and one Regional Final appearance,” Jones said in the e-mail. “They were three of our four captains this season (with junior Dominique Cirnigliaro) leading our young team to a 16-5-2 record.”
Walker and McKillen will sign with Polk State College, while Staley will become the first Hudson girls soccer player to receive a full scholarship at a Division I college by signing with Youngstown State University. Staley is also the Class of 2013 valedictorian.
For the past four seasons, the Hudson girls soccer team has had players continue their careers at the collegiate level. A total of eight players have moved on, including Alicia Schuering, who is now a captain at Saint Leo University.