Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
Posted May 15, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated May 15, 2013 at 01:29 PM
Three Hudson High girls soccer players — Haley Walker, Brooke McKillen and Sarah Staley — will sign to play in college during a ceremony at the school Friday at noon, Cobras coach Stephen Jones said in an e-mail.
“These three girls have had a fantastic career at Hudson High School, including one District Championship, one District Runner-up and one Regional Final appearance,” Jones said in the e-mail. “They were three of our four captains this season (with junior Dominique Cirnigliaro) leading our young team to a 16-5-2 record.”
Walker and McKillen will sign with Polk State College, while Staley will become the first Hudson girls soccer player to receive a full scholarship at a Division I college by signing with Youngstown State University. Staley is also the Class of 2013 valedictorian.
For the past four seasons, the Hudson girls soccer team has had players continue their careers at the collegiate level. A total of eight players have moved on, including Alicia Schuering, who is now a captain at Saint Leo University.