Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Three Berkeley Prep athletes set to sign
Posted Nov 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 13, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Three Berkeley Prep athletes will sign National Letters of Intent on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the school’s palatial Straz Family Field House, Jeremy Canody, Berkeley’s Director of Communications announced today.
Buccaneers infielder Bubba Olivera is signing to play baseball for the University of North Florida. In his junior season, he batted .315 and had 13 RBI. He also led the team in stolen bases with 13. Olivera also went 2-1 as a pitcher with two saves and an ERA of 2.56 in 13.2 innings.
Also from the Bucs’ baseball team, pitcher Trent Thompson will be signing with the University of Central Florida. As a junior last season, he posted an 1.09 ERA in 51.1 innings pitched and recorded a 5-1 record. He amassed 60 strikeouts and allowed 30 hits. At the plate, Thompson hit .310 average with a double and six RBI.
From the defending state champion volleyball squad, Amanda Esposito is headed to Southern Methodist University as a rower.