Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Three Berkeley Prep athletes set to sign
Posted Nov 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 13, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Three Berkeley Prep athletes will sign National Letters of Intent on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the school’s palatial Straz Family Field House, Jeremy Canody, Berkeley’s Director of Communications announced today.
Buccaneers infielder Bubba Olivera is signing to play baseball for the University of North Florida. In his junior season, he batted .315 and had 13 RBI. He also led the team in stolen bases with 13. Olivera also went 2-1 as a pitcher with two saves and an ERA of 2.56 in 13.2 innings.
Also from the Bucs’ baseball team, pitcher Trent Thompson will be signing with the University of Central Florida. As a junior last season, he posted an 1.09 ERA in 51.1 innings pitched and recorded a 5-1 record. He amassed 60 strikeouts and allowed 30 hits. At the plate, Thompson hit .310 average with a double and six RBI.
From the defending state champion volleyball squad, Amanda Esposito is headed to Southern Methodist University as a rower.