Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Three Berkeley Prep athletes set to sign
Posted Nov 13, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Nov 13, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Three Berkeley Prep athletes will sign National Letters of Intent on Wednesday at 1 p.m. at the school’s palatial Straz Family Field House, Jeremy Canody, Berkeley’s Director of Communications announced today.
Buccaneers infielder Bubba Olivera is signing to play baseball for the University of North Florida. In his junior season, he batted .315 and had 13 RBI. He also led the team in stolen bases with 13. Olivera also went 2-1 as a pitcher with two saves and an ERA of 2.56 in 13.2 innings.
Also from the Bucs’ baseball team, pitcher Trent Thompson will be signing with the University of Central Florida. As a junior last season, he posted an 1.09 ERA in 51.1 innings pitched and recorded a 5-1 record. He amassed 60 strikeouts and allowed 30 hits. At the plate, Thompson hit .310 average with a double and six RBI.
From the defending state champion volleyball squad, Amanda Esposito is headed to Southern Methodist University as a rower.