Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Three Bay area players make best-of-the-best list
Posted Mar 30, 2011 by Katherine Smith
Updated Mar 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM
National recruiting analyst Tom Lemming’s latest list is out and three area players have made it.
Berkeley Prep’s Nelson Agholor, Armwood’s Matt Jones and Land O’ Lakes’ Kent Taylor made Lemming’s Top 100 players for 2012. Agholor is ranked the highest at 22nd, following by Jones at 23rd and Taylor at 34th.
All three rising seniors have been garnering a lot of national attention and piling up Division I scholarship offers. And they’ve also been selected to participate in the prestigious U.S. Army All-American Bowl Game in San Antonio, TX in January.
Lemming is a national recruiting anlayst with CBS Sports and MaxPreps.