Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
This season’s Lightning Launch to feature The Steve Miller Band on Oct. 4
Posted Aug 22, 2011 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Aug 22, 2011 at 10:25 AM
The Tampa Bay Lightning will present the second annual Lightning Launch event at the St. Pete Times Forum on Tuesday, October 4 at 7:00 p.m. This one-of-a-kind event will celebrate the start of the 2011-12 Lightning season, and will feature a full concert by the Steve Miller Band.
The Lightning Launch event will mark the second consecutive year the Lightning organization has created a fan event in celebration of the start of the season. Doors to the event will open at 6:00 p.m., and the festivities will include exciting elements designed to entertain Lightning fans of all ages.
Lightning full season ticket members are invited to attend the October 4 concert at no charge. Fans with 21-game ticket packages or 10-pack plans are eligible to receive tickets at 50 percent off the regular price. Tickets for the general public go on sale Friday, August 26 at 10:00 a.m. at Ticketmaster.com and all Ticketmaster Outlets.
Another highlight of the night is the introduction of the new 2011-12 Lightning team, featuring Steven Stamkos, Marty St. Louis and Vinny Lecavalier. Lightning personalities will also be in attendance, including Head Coach Guy Boucher, Lightning Alumni Dave Andreychuk and Chris Dingman and more.
One of rock music’s all-time greats, the Steve Miller Band has sold more than 30 million records in a career spanning more than 40 years. His trademark blues-rock sound made him one of the key artists in classic rock radio. The Steve Miller Band has become one of the centerpiece attractions of the summer rock concert season, playing sixty or more shows every year. He is the Gangster of Love. Some people call him Maurice, the Midnight Toker or the Space Cowboy. And with “Let Your Hair Down,” a masterpiece album by one of the greats, Steve Miller shows he still speaks of the pompitus of love.
The Lightning will open the home schedule for their 19th National Hockey League season on Monday, October 17 when they play host to the Florida Panthers at 7:30 p.m. For information regarding Lightning ticket plans and pricing, call 813.301.6600.
Tickets: Tickets for this event go on sale to the general public on Friday, August 26 at 10:00 a.m. at Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster Outlets. To order tickets by phone, call Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000. Tickets are priced at $25.00, $45.00, $60.00 and $92.00. Prices do not include facility fees or service charges. For more information please call 813.301.2500 or visit http://www.TampaBayLightning.com/LightningLaunch. Advanced parking passes are available at Ticketmaster.com.