Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
The Rays Report jinx?
Posted Jun 26, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 26, 2008 at 02:40 PM
MIAMI—Yeah, sorry about that, Matt.
On the first pitch delivered by Garza after I decided to blog about the no-hitter, Hanley Ramirez crushed one out to left-center.
I’m sure the two events were connected.
Anyway, Garza can now concentrate on trying to help the Rays record their
fifth one-hitter in team history (and first since 2003). OK, short-term memory problems. Shields had a one-hitter against the Angels earlier this season, so it’d be six.