Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
The Rays Report jinx?
Posted Jun 26, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Jun 26, 2008 at 02:40 PM
MIAMI—Yeah, sorry about that, Matt.
On the first pitch delivered by Garza after I decided to blog about the no-hitter, Hanley Ramirez crushed one out to left-center.
I’m sure the two events were connected.
Anyway, Garza can now concentrate on trying to help the Rays record their
fifth one-hitter in team history (and first since 2003). OK, short-term memory problems. Shields had a one-hitter against the Angels earlier this season, so it’d be six.