Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Terrier track star Jeremiah Green chooses Alabama
Posted Nov 27, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Nov 27, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Hillsborough High track and football star Jeremiah Green stood in the middle of Hillsborough HIgh’s cafeteria Tuesday afternoon and announced to hundreds of cheering students and faculty that he is committing to the University of Alabama for a full-ride track scholarship.
Green, the defending Class 3A triple jump champion who leaped a national-best 50 feet, 10.5 inches last year, playfully held up pennants from four universities—South Florida, Clemson, Louisiana State University and Alabama—to the cheers of the crowd, before dropping them all for Alabama.
“I loved Alabama’s coaching staff,” said Green, who will focus only on track at Alabama. “I feel they have something special happening there and I want to be a part of building their program into a national champion.”
Green will officially sign his national letter of intent in February.
As for the upcoming track season, Green said, “I’m not going to set any specific numbers, but I am telling people to come out and watch because there might be some special things coming along.”