Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Terrier track star Jeremiah Green chooses Alabama
Posted Nov 27, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Nov 27, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Hillsborough High track and football star Jeremiah Green stood in the middle of Hillsborough HIgh’s cafeteria Tuesday afternoon and announced to hundreds of cheering students and faculty that he is committing to the University of Alabama for a full-ride track scholarship.
Green, the defending Class 3A triple jump champion who leaped a national-best 50 feet, 10.5 inches last year, playfully held up pennants from four universities—South Florida, Clemson, Louisiana State University and Alabama—to the cheers of the crowd, before dropping them all for Alabama.
“I loved Alabama’s coaching staff,” said Green, who will focus only on track at Alabama. “I feel they have something special happening there and I want to be a part of building their program into a national champion.”
Green will officially sign his national letter of intent in February.
As for the upcoming track season, Green said, “I’m not going to set any specific numbers, but I am telling people to come out and watch because there might be some special things coming along.”