Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
TC’s Corbett cleared to play
Posted Aug 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 31, 2011 at 03:51 PM
Tampa Catholic sophomore quarterback Chivarsky Corbett, who suffered concussion-like symptoms from Friday’s Kickoff Classic against Boca Ciega, has been cleared to play this week against Bradenton Bayshore, Crusaders coach Bob Henriquez said Wednesday.
Corbett sustained the injury late in the first half against the Pirates and did not return to action. Corbett Henriquez said Corbett never lost consciousness and was actually cleared to return to action that game, but did not. Earlier this week, Corbett was given a CAT scan and, following two days of no contact at practice, was re-examined by a doctor and passed the FHSAA mandated protocol for head injuries. As a result, Corbett was celared to play in TC’s game Friday.
“He’s fine,” Henriquez said. “He’s had no headaches, no vision problems at all.”
Backup quarterback Mitchell Norden sustained a sprained finger in practice this week during a blitz drill, but Henriquez said the junior should also be ready for Friday’s game.