Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
TC’s Corbett cleared to play
Posted Aug 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 31, 2011 at 03:51 PM
Tampa Catholic sophomore quarterback Chivarsky Corbett, who suffered concussion-like symptoms from Friday’s Kickoff Classic against Boca Ciega, has been cleared to play this week against Bradenton Bayshore, Crusaders coach Bob Henriquez said Wednesday.
Corbett sustained the injury late in the first half against the Pirates and did not return to action. Corbett Henriquez said Corbett never lost consciousness and was actually cleared to return to action that game, but did not. Earlier this week, Corbett was given a CAT scan and, following two days of no contact at practice, was re-examined by a doctor and passed the FHSAA mandated protocol for head injuries. As a result, Corbett was celared to play in TC’s game Friday.
“He’s fine,” Henriquez said. “He’s had no headaches, no vision problems at all.”
Backup quarterback Mitchell Norden sustained a sprained finger in practice this week during a blitz drill, but Henriquez said the junior should also be ready for Friday’s game.