Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
TC product Green makes frosh all-America squad
Posted Jan 9, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jan 9, 2012 at 08:49 PM
Former Tampa Catholic standout offensive lineman Chaz Green, now competing for the University of Florida, has been selected for the 11th annual Football Writers Association of America Freshman All-America Team.
The FWWA is a non-profit organization consisting of more than 1,200 journalists who cover college football. The membership includes journalists from print, online and broadcast, as well as publicists and executives in all the areas that involve the game.
Green is a 6-foot-5, 306-pound redshirt freshman lineman for the Gators. Coming out of TC, he was a four-star prospect who was rated the No. 6 lineman in the nation by Rivals.
Last fall, Green was part of a Gators offensive line that paved the way for 1,415 yards and 12 touchdowns in the nine games he played in. He missed four games late in the year because of a sprained ankle. Green was also named a to the freshman All-SEC team in December.