Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
TBT’s Caldwell lands FIU offer
Posted May 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 31, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Tampa Bay Tech rising junior running back/defensive back Lamarq Caldwell, one of the Titans’ key returners for the 2011 campaign, landed his second scholarship offer of the spring when Florida International University made him an official pitch, TBT coach Jayson Roberts announced Tuesday.
Earlier this spring, the 6-foot, 210-pound Caldwell received his first official offer, from the Naval Academy.
As the team’s top returning running back, Caldwell is expected to play a major roll on offense this fall, an offense that is being remolded under new offensive coordinator Mo Harris. Caldwell offers a good combination of speed and strength and both FIU and Navy are recruiting him as a running back, Roberts said.