Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
TBT’s Caldwell lands FIU offer
Posted May 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 31, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Tampa Bay Tech rising junior running back/defensive back Lamarq Caldwell, one of the Titans’ key returners for the 2011 campaign, landed his second scholarship offer of the spring when Florida International University made him an official pitch, TBT coach Jayson Roberts announced Tuesday.
Earlier this spring, the 6-foot, 210-pound Caldwell received his first official offer, from the Naval Academy.
As the team’s top returning running back, Caldwell is expected to play a major roll on offense this fall, an offense that is being remolded under new offensive coordinator Mo Harris. Caldwell offers a good combination of speed and strength and both FIU and Navy are recruiting him as a running back, Roberts said.