Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
TBT’s Caldwell lands FIU offer
Posted May 31, 2011 by Bill Ward
Updated May 31, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Tampa Bay Tech rising junior running back/defensive back Lamarq Caldwell, one of the Titans’ key returners for the 2011 campaign, landed his second scholarship offer of the spring when Florida International University made him an official pitch, TBT coach Jayson Roberts announced Tuesday.
Earlier this spring, the 6-foot, 210-pound Caldwell received his first official offer, from the Naval Academy.
As the team’s top returning running back, Caldwell is expected to play a major roll on offense this fall, an offense that is being remolded under new offensive coordinator Mo Harris. Caldwell offers a good combination of speed and strength and both FIU and Navy are recruiting him as a running back, Roberts said.