Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
TBT’s Benjamin chooses UCF
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by The Tampa Tribune
Updated Jul 10, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin has yet to play an official game for the Titans in his senior season but he does know where he will be playing after he graduates.
On Monday, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound prospect announced he will sign with Central Florida.
“I think they basically thought I was thinking in my mind that I was too much of a player to play at UCF,” Benjamin told the Orlando Sentinel. “They were like wondering if I really wanted to come there ... if I was serious.”
Benjamin played running back and wire receiver at Middleton last year, rushing for 501 yards and 450 receiving yards for the winless Tigers, according to MaxPreps.com. He transferred back to Tampa Bay Tech in January after playing the last two seasons at Middleton.