Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
TBT’s Benjamin chooses UCF
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by The Tampa Tribune
Updated Jul 10, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Tampa Bay Tech wide receiver Richard Benjamin has yet to play an official game for the Titans in his senior season but he does know where he will be playing after he graduates.
On Monday, the 5-foot-11, 185-pound prospect announced he will sign with Central Florida.
“I think they basically thought I was thinking in my mind that I was too much of a player to play at UCF,” Benjamin told the Orlando Sentinel. “They were like wondering if I really wanted to come there ... if I was serious.”
Benjamin played running back and wire receiver at Middleton last year, rushing for 501 yards and 450 receiving yards for the winless Tigers, according to MaxPreps.com. He transferred back to Tampa Bay Tech in January after playing the last two seasons at Middleton.