Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Taylor named Robinson’s football coach
Posted Jan 31, 2013 by Scott Purks
Updated Jan 31, 2013 at 04:45 PM
Robinson alumnus and 10-year assistant coach Shawn Taylor has been promoted to the Knights’ head coaching position, replacing Mike DePue, who stepped down after 10 years of leading the Knights’ football program.
DePue, the Knights’ all-time victories leader with a 72-43 record, confirmed Taylor’s hiring Thursday afternoon.
“I am ecstatic that it was kept in the Robinson family,” DePue said. “Shawn will step in and the program will not miss a beat.”
Taylor has served as the Knights’ offensive line coach the past 10 years.
“The last thing I wanted to see was the breakup of the program’s continuity,” DePue said. “This is outstanding news for the Robinson football team.”