Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Tampa Visit Not On Houshmandzadeh’s Itinerary
Posted Feb 28, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 28, 2009 at 09:35 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – Another hot rumor has been churned out of the NFL mill, but this one seems to have false legs.
Though it’s been reported that T.J. Houshmandzadeh will visit the Bucs on Sunday, The Tribune has learned that a stop in Tampa is not on the wide receiver’s itinerary.
The Bucs are among the teams that have expressed interest in Houshmandzadeh, but Houshmandzadeh has yet to mention the Bucs as one of the teams he’d be interested in joining.
He has mentioned a desire to play for either Seattle, Minnesota, the Giants or the Eagles, and he’s expected to make a decision on one of those teams on Sunday.
The Bucs are in the hunt for other receivers, including Pittsburgh’s Nate Washington and there is a strong chance the Bucs re-sign Michael Clayton, who is currently visiting other teams in an attempt to determine his value.