Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Tampa Visit Not On Houshmandzadeh’s Itinerary
Posted Feb 28, 2009 by Roy Cummings
Updated Feb 28, 2009 at 09:35 PM
By ROY CUMMINGS
TAMPA – Another hot rumor has been churned out of the NFL mill, but this one seems to have false legs.
Though it’s been reported that T.J. Houshmandzadeh will visit the Bucs on Sunday, The Tribune has learned that a stop in Tampa is not on the wide receiver’s itinerary.
The Bucs are among the teams that have expressed interest in Houshmandzadeh, but Houshmandzadeh has yet to mention the Bucs as one of the teams he’d be interested in joining.
He has mentioned a desire to play for either Seattle, Minnesota, the Giants or the Eagles, and he’s expected to make a decision on one of those teams on Sunday.
The Bucs are in the hunt for other receivers, including Pittsburgh’s Nate Washington and there is a strong chance the Bucs re-sign Michael Clayton, who is currently visiting other teams in an attempt to determine his value.