Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Tampa teams win national 7-on-7 tournament in Bradenton
Posted Jun 25, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Two Tampa area teams took home the hardware after besting national competition at the IMG national 7-on-7 tournament in Bradenton over the weekend.
Team Tampa, comprised of the top high school skill players in the area along with recent USF commit in Wharton quarterback Chase Litton captured the club division title. Here’s a short incerpt from a writeup the tams win. Litton was on fire, completing pass after pass to a receiving corps that included the likes of East Lake High School’s (Tarpon Springs, Fla.) Artavis Scott and George Campbell. Most importantly, Litton only missed four passes in the title game, and his performance included zero turnovers.
Change Factor, which consisted of the top seventh and eighth graders from Sarasota to Orlando, won the future stars division (Middle school).
To read more go Here