Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Tampa Prep’s Reiner commits to Bucknell
Posted Dec 1, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Dec 2, 2012 at 04:46 PM
Tampa Prep junior Carly Reiner, a Class 1A district champion in the long and triple jump and a bronze medalist in the triple jump at the state championships, has made a commitment to Bucknell University.
Although a Division I school in athletics, Bucknell is similar to Ivy League schools in that it does not offer athletic scholarships. Instead, each sport at the school is allowed a certain number of slots from the admissions office in order to attract top-caliber athletes. Bucknell competes in the Patriot League, which has the second highest student-athlete graduation rate after the Ivy League.
At last season’s 1A-District 8 meet, Reiner not only won the two horizontal jumps, she also took fourth in the 100-meter dash and anchored the Terps’ 4x100 relay team to second place. At the state championships in Jacksonville two weeks later, she produced a lifetime best in the triple jump of 36 feet, 10.5 inches to take third place. As a sophomore, she was fourth at the state meet in the same event.
Reiner also medaled at the state meet as the anchor runner on Tampa Prep’s sixth-place 4x100 relay. In soccer, Reiner was the Terps’ starting goalkeeper.