Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Tampa Prep’s Heath and Seffner Christian’s Swartz reach 1,000 career points
Posted Jan 15, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jan 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Tampa Prep stayed perfect this season topping district opponent Seffner Christian 68-33, but the lopsided victory had milestones for each team as the Terrapins’ Josh Heath and Crusaders’ Barrett Swartz each eclipsed the 1,000 career point mark.
The defending Class 3A state champion Terrapins improved to 19-0 on the season as they head to this weekend’s Wally Kelley Classic in Punta Gorda behind Heath’s game leading 18 points.
Heath, who has committed to play for his father Stan Heath at the University of South Florida next season, tied his season high in the win.
Swartz, the Crusaders season scoring leader, is averaging 21.7 points-per-game and had 13 in the loss.