Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Tampa Catholic’s Martinez to play in Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
Posted Jul 20, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 20, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Tampa Catholic senior offensive lineman Corey Martinez, one of the highest rated recruits in Hillsborough County, has decided to play in the 2014 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in California.
The game, which will be played Jan. 5 at the StubHub Center, will be televised on Fox Sports and is presented by the United States Marine Corps. Martinez, who a few weeks ago verbally committed to Florida State, will play for the East Team.
Martinez made the decision Saturday morning. The event will feature some of the top seniors in the nation.
Recently, Martinez was among the nation’s top college prospects featured on ESPN “The Opening”. The show followed the college football recruits as they competed and trained at a 7-on-7 and skills event.
Martinez’s other finalists, according to ESPN, were Miami, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and LSU.
Martinez, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound four-star recruit, is the No. 15 offensive guard in the nation, according to ESPN. Martinez received more than two dozen college offers. He was also a Tribune All-Hillsborough County first-team selection.