Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Tampa Catholic’s Martinez to play in Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
Posted Jul 20, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 20, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Tampa Catholic senior offensive lineman Corey Martinez, one of the highest rated recruits in Hillsborough County, has decided to play in the 2014 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in California.
The game, which will be played Jan. 5 at the StubHub Center, will be televised on Fox Sports and is presented by the United States Marine Corps. Martinez, who a few weeks ago verbally committed to Florida State, will play for the East Team.
Martinez made the decision Saturday morning. The event will feature some of the top seniors in the nation.
Recently, Martinez was among the nation’s top college prospects featured on ESPN “The Opening”. The show followed the college football recruits as they competed and trained at a 7-on-7 and skills event.
Martinez’s other finalists, according to ESPN, were Miami, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and LSU.
Martinez, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound four-star recruit, is the No. 15 offensive guard in the nation, according to ESPN. Martinez received more than two dozen college offers. He was also a Tribune All-Hillsborough County first-team selection.