Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Tampa Catholic’s Martinez to play in Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl
Posted Jul 20, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 20, 2013 at 02:50 PM
Tampa Catholic senior offensive lineman Corey Martinez, one of the highest rated recruits in Hillsborough County, has decided to play in the 2014 Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl in California.
The game, which will be played Jan. 5 at the StubHub Center, will be televised on Fox Sports and is presented by the United States Marine Corps. Martinez, who a few weeks ago verbally committed to Florida State, will play for the East Team.
Martinez made the decision Saturday morning. The event will feature some of the top seniors in the nation.
Recently, Martinez was among the nation’s top college prospects featured on ESPN “The Opening”. The show followed the college football recruits as they competed and trained at a 7-on-7 and skills event.
Martinez’s other finalists, according to ESPN, were Miami, Alabama, Vanderbilt, Tennessee and LSU.
Martinez, a 6-foot-4, 300-pound four-star recruit, is the No. 15 offensive guard in the nation, according to ESPN. Martinez received more than two dozen college offers. He was also a Tribune All-Hillsborough County first-team selection.