Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Tampa Catholic to induct 7
Posted Jun 20, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 02:48 PM
Seven new members of the Tampa Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame have been announced.
The 2012 inductees are:
Nick DiMaggio – former athletic director and coach; Julius Storch (class of 1971, posthumously) – baseball; Marty Garcia (1977) – baseball; Yolie Espino-Fielder (1976) – softball and volleyball; Bill Staunko (1970) – football and former coach; Tommy Jones (1982) – basketball, and 1976 girls softball team – Tampa Catholic’s first women’s team to win state championship and coach Sherry Schaibly.
The inductees will be recognized at the Tampa Catholic Hall of Fame Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Crusader Gymnasium.
The keynote speaker will be 1976 alumna and 1996 Paralympics medalist Sue Moucha.
The dinner and ceremony are open to the public. Tickets are $30 each which includes dinner and refreshments and may be purchased at the school’s web site http://www.tampacatholic.org.