Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Tampa Catholic to induct 7
Posted Jun 20, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 02:48 PM
Seven new members of the Tampa Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame have been announced.
The 2012 inductees are:
Nick DiMaggio – former athletic director and coach; Julius Storch (class of 1971, posthumously) – baseball; Marty Garcia (1977) – baseball; Yolie Espino-Fielder (1976) – softball and volleyball; Bill Staunko (1970) – football and former coach; Tommy Jones (1982) – basketball, and 1976 girls softball team – Tampa Catholic’s first women’s team to win state championship and coach Sherry Schaibly.
The inductees will be recognized at the Tampa Catholic Hall of Fame Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Crusader Gymnasium.
The keynote speaker will be 1976 alumna and 1996 Paralympics medalist Sue Moucha.
The dinner and ceremony are open to the public. Tickets are $30 each which includes dinner and refreshments and may be purchased at the school’s web site http://www.tampacatholic.org.