Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Tampa Catholic to induct 7
Posted Jun 20, 2012 by Rick Harmon
Updated Jun 20, 2012 at 02:48 PM
Seven new members of the Tampa Catholic Athletic Hall of Fame have been announced.
The 2012 inductees are:
Nick DiMaggio – former athletic director and coach; Julius Storch (class of 1971, posthumously) – baseball; Marty Garcia (1977) – baseball; Yolie Espino-Fielder (1976) – softball and volleyball; Bill Staunko (1970) – football and former coach; Tommy Jones (1982) – basketball, and 1976 girls softball team – Tampa Catholic’s first women’s team to win state championship and coach Sherry Schaibly.
The inductees will be recognized at the Tampa Catholic Hall of Fame Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Crusader Gymnasium.
The keynote speaker will be 1976 alumna and 1996 Paralympics medalist Sue Moucha.
The dinner and ceremony are open to the public. Tickets are $30 each which includes dinner and refreshments and may be purchased at the school’s web site http://www.tampacatholic.org.