Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Tampa Bay Lightning to play preseason game in Orlando
Posted Jul 18, 2011 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jul 18, 2011 at 05:22 PM
The Lightning will hold a news conference on Tuesday in Orlando to announce a preseason game against the St. Louis Blues.
The team along with the city of Orlando sent out media advisories on Monday to announce a 2:15 p.m. announcement on Tuesday at Amway Center regarding Tampa Bay’s preseason schedule. The current Lightning preseason schedule includes a Sept. 21 date against St. Louis with a site to be determined. The two teams had been scheduled to play in Winnipeg, Manitoba, that night but the game was cancelled when the Atlanta Thrashers were sold and renamed the Winnipeg Jets.
Along with former Lightning captain Dave Andreychuk, Tampa Bay will also be represented by Chief Operating Officer Steve Griggs, who previously worked for the Orlando Magic. Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer is also scheduled to attend the news conference.
The Lightning previously played four preseason games in Orlando between 1992 and 1996 and played five regular season games at the old Orlando Arena during the 1993-94 season drawing between 8,800 and 11,000 fans.
Tampa Bay is scheduled to open up training camp at the Ice Sports Forum in Brandon on Sept. 17 and open the preseason schedule on Sept. 20 in St. Louis against the Blues. The only home exhibition game is scheduled for Sept. 23 against the Florida Panthers. The Lightning will also play a preseason game Sept. 24 at Florida, Oct. 1 at Montreal and Oct. 3 in Quebec City, Quebec, against Montreal.