Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Tampa Bay Lightning sign defenseman Brett Clark
Posted Jul 5, 2010 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jul 5, 2010 at 09:10 PM
The Lightning didn’t stay quiet too long, dipping back into the free agent market after a two-day break for the holiday weekend, signing Brett Clark to a two-year contract, UPDATE Salary looks like it’s $2.6 million total, or $1.3 million per year UPDATE . Sounds like a good signing, somebody who skates well and moves the puck. Could be a good fit for a Guy Boucher, up-tempo system. Had decent numbers in Colorado the past few years, should slot in as a No. 5 I would think at this point behind Ohlund, Hedman, Kubina and Lundin.
Lot of defensemen starting to stack up right now, have to wonder where guys like Lashoff, Smaby, Mihalik fit it at this point, although Lashoff might be a good fit with his skating ability.
You can read about the initial signing here
CORREX: OK, I’ve been corrected on the actual salaries for Clark, he will make $3 million total, $1.7 million this season and $1.3 million next season for a cap hit of $1.5 million.
Man, I really wish either the team or the PA would just come out and announce what the acutal numbers are, too much interest in salary cap nowadays with teams.