Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Tampa Bay Lightning set to open renovated box office, new apparel store
Posted Mar 13, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 13, 2012 at 07:30 PM
Some pretty cool stuff here on the grand reopening of the box office, which will take place on Thursday, so rather than bore you with trying to hit all the highlights, you can check it out below:
The Tampa Bay Times Forum will be opening its doors to the newly transformed McDonald’s Ticket Office on Thursday, March 15 at 9 a.m. The first 500 individuals at the ticket office will receive a complimentary ticket to the Tampa Bay Storm’s home opener on Friday, March 16 against the Georgia Force.
Any customer that purchases a ticket at the new ticket office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Thursday will receive a coupon good for $10 off merchandise in the Tampa Bay Sports retail store.
AM 620 WDAE’s The Ron and Ian Show will be live from 9 a.m. to noon at the new McDonald’s Ticket Office. Fans are encouraged to arrive early on Thursday as doors will be open to the public at 10 a.m. for the Lightning’s morning skate as they prepare to host the Toronto Maple Leafs that night. Standing room only tickets will be available for $49.75 beginning at noon for Thursday night’s sold out game. There is a limit of two per person.
In addition to the new ticket office and retail store, the MetroPCS Client Services Lounge will be opening on Thursday. The lounge is an exclusive area for season ticket members to visit Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The lounge will remain open from 9 a.m. until the end of the second intermission for Lightning games and from 9 a.m. until the end of halftime for Storm games. The MetroPCS Client Services Lounge is located to the left of the main staircase inside the McDonald’s Ticket Office in the Northwest corner past the ADA elevator.
Beginning at 2 p.m. Thursday, the first 200 fans will have the opportunity to buy the best seats available for the Lightning’s games against the Buffalo Sabres on March 19 and the March 22 game against the Edmonton Oilers for the low cost of just $25 a ticket. This offer excludes VIP seating, while supplies last and with a limit of four per person.
There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony, which will include Stu Brown, President of McDonald’s restaurants of Tampa Bay, at 5:30 p.m. to officially open the McDonald’s Ticket Office. Also on Thursday at 6 p.m. the new Tampa Bay Sports retail store will open to fans before the Lightning vs. Maple Leafs game at 7:30 p.m. Fans will also have the chance to save up to 50% on upcoming shows at the Times Forum, including Def Leppard, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Van Halen, Rammstein, 98Rockfest and Neil Diamond.
The ticket office renovations were part of the $40 million summer Tampa Bay Times Forum transformation project, an initiative privately funded by Lightning chairman Jeff Vinik to enhance the fan experience at the Times Forum