Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Tampa Bay Lightning rolling tour starts this weekend
Posted Sep 7, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM
The Tampa Bay Lightning will begin their Rolling Thunder 20-Stop Tour, a series of fan events complete with interactive games and giveaways, with two stops this weekend. The first stop will be on Friday, September 7 at the Lakeland First Friday event from 6-9 p.m. and the second stop will be at Dinosaur World in Plant City from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. The Rolling Thunder 20-Stop Tour will make appearances at different locations and events in the Tampa Bay area throughout the Fall.
The Lightning continue celebrating their 20-year anniversary with the Rolling Thunder 20-Stop Tour to give fans a chance to get geared up for the upcoming season by bringing friends and family to participate in interactive games. Rolling Thunder, the Lightning’s marketing fan truck, is full of entertainment for all ages. The first event kicks off at the Lakeland First Friday event located in downtown Lakeland. The tour will make their second stop at Dinosaur World located at 5145 Harvey Tew Road in Plant City.
Both events will feature appearances by the Lightning Girls and ThunderBug. Fans will also be given a rewards card at each event and can collect points for each time they attend a stop on the tour. Fans attending all 20 events will get a 20th anniversary t-shirt and a chance to win a pair of front row Lightning tickets for a game during the upcoming season. Fans that go to five Rolling Thunder stops will get a McCafé ® real fruit smoothie or frappé from McDonald’s ®. Fans will also have the chance to win a Vincent Lecavalier signed jersey, Lightning team magnets and other prizes for attending the Rolling Thunder stops.