Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- King’s Lopez picks Florida International
- Jesuit baseball players earn national recognition
- Rays @ BoSox: Price starts comeback Friday in Bradenton
- Rays-BoSox in rain delay
- Davis named new girls basketball coach at Jefferson
- Collect call: 2013 Leaf Draft football
- Brooks-DeBartolo hires new girls basketball coach
- Rays 2 BoSox: Myers batting 6th, Longo back at 3B for Game 1
- Familiarity breeds confidence for Bucs
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman football
- Rays’ Myers is Bowman’s fifth lucky redemption
- Basketball showcase tonight at Berkeley Prep
- Archer, Odorizzi for doubleheader in Boston means lots of starts by rookies on this trip
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
Tampa Bay Lightning classic games to be aired Thursdays during NHL lockout
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Oct 30, 2012 at 02:04 PM
Need a Lightning fix while the NHL is on hiatus due to the lockout? on Thursday nights, Sun Sports will be airing classic games for viewers. Two games - the inaugural game as well as the night Dave Andreychuk broke the NHL power play goal record - have already aired. Next on the list is some of the biggest games in team franchise history including the Stanley Cup championship Game 7 victory against Calgary. The schedule and the full release from the team are below:
The Tampa Bay Lightning announced today that Sun Sports will air a classic Lightning game each Thursday night at 8 p.m. during the month of November. Sun Sports will continue to air classic Lightning games on Thursday nights throughout the year.
This Thursday at 8 p.m., Sun Sports will air the Lightning’s first playoff series victory over the Washington Capitals on April 20, 2003. Martin St. Louis scored his fifth goal of the series while on a power play in triple overtime to win the best-of-seven series. The Lightning dropped the first two games of the series but then battled back to win four consecutive contests to advance into the second round of the playoffs for the first time in franchise history.
Other games featured this month include the Lightning’s Game 7 victory against the Philadelphia Flyers in the Eastern Conference Final in 2004, St. Louis’ thrilling Game 6 double overtime goal in Calgary in the Stanley Cup Final, the Lightning defeating the Flames in Game 7 on home ice to capture their first-ever championship and the Stanley Cup banner raising to begin the 2005-06 season.
Please see below for a full listing of games during November which will all air at 8 p.m.:
Date Classic Game Network
Thursday, November 1 First Lightning playoff series win, Game 6 at Washington Sun Sports
Thursday, November 8 Lightning defeat the Flyers in Game 7 to advance to Stanley Cup Sun Sports
Thursday, November 15 Martin St. Louis’ double overtime goal in Game 6 against Calgary Sun Sports
Thursday, November 22 Lightning defeat the Flames in Game 7 to win Stanley Cup Sun Sports
Thursday, November 29 Lightning raise Stanley Cup banner to begin 2005-06 season Sun Sports