Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Switzer out of game
Posted Mar 7, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 7, 2007 at 03:46 PM
Jon Switzer came on the start the fourth inning and immediately absorbed a liner back up the middle by Andy Marte. No one up here seems sure where the ball hit Switzer, but he left the game after a brief consultation with trainer Ron Porterfield.
Steve Andrade was summoned from the bullpen and gave up two runs. He was lucky to get off that easy, as Luis Rivas lined one up the middle with men on first and third that Andrade was able to snare, doubling the runner off first to end the inning.
It’s 4-2 Indians in the middle of the fourth.