Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Switzer X-rays negative
Posted Mar 7, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 7, 2007 at 06:10 PM
Jon Switzer took the line drive from Andy Marte off the underside of his right wrist, just below the glove. X-rays came back negative, according to the Rays, but Switzer is still undergoing tests late this afternoon. Joe Maddon said it wasn’t a case of a player being removed from the game strictly as a spring training precaution.
“I don’t think so,” said Maddon. “I think he was coming out. I think the baseball logo was on his hand, pretty much. It was not good – he got hit pretty hard. He was hurt.”
While Switzer was not in the clubhouse, tomorrow’s starting lineup was posted. The nine slated to represent the Rays at historic McKechnie Field are: Zobrist SS, Mohr CF, Young RF, Gomes LF, Cantu 2B, Iwamura 3B, Choi 1B, Navarro C, Kazmir P. Subject to change, as always.