Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Switzer X-rays negative
Posted Mar 7, 2007 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Mar 7, 2007 at 06:10 PM
Jon Switzer took the line drive from Andy Marte off the underside of his right wrist, just below the glove. X-rays came back negative, according to the Rays, but Switzer is still undergoing tests late this afternoon. Joe Maddon said it wasn’t a case of a player being removed from the game strictly as a spring training precaution.
“I don’t think so,” said Maddon. “I think he was coming out. I think the baseball logo was on his hand, pretty much. It was not good – he got hit pretty hard. He was hurt.”
While Switzer was not in the clubhouse, tomorrow’s starting lineup was posted. The nine slated to represent the Rays at historic McKechnie Field are: Zobrist SS, Mohr CF, Young RF, Gomes LF, Cantu 2B, Iwamura 3B, Choi 1B, Navarro C, Kazmir P. Subject to change, as always.