Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Posted Apr 12, 2007 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Apr 12, 2007 at 07:25 PM
To be blunt, the weather here really, really, really, really stinks. It’s been raining all day and it’s cold. That’s a very bad combination, cold and wet, that tends to lend itself to a virus finding its way into my body. Hopefully it won’t catch up with me. On the way out of the Continental Airlines Arena I had to pull my trenchcoat over my head just to keep my upper body dry. The bottom half, well, let’s just say it didn’t survive the trip. My pant legs were soaked. Perhaps I should have taken Carter’s advice and brought my own umbrella. He was the smart one (although it didn’t help his pants, either) and I didn’t think to grab one from the hotel on the way out this morning. I don’t think I’ll make that mistake again!
Some notes from the morning…..
It was an optional skate, but lines at practice the past couple of days were the same…
Vinny Prospal-Vinny Lecavalier-Marty St. Louis
Eric Perrin- Brad Richards-Jason Ward
Ryan Craig-Tim Taylor-Ruslan Fedotenko
Nick Tarnasky-Blair Jones-Andre Roy
I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of Tampa dressing seven defenseman and throwing Doug Janik into the lineup, but I don’t know if that’s the case. After all, it was an optional.
Team appears loose and ready to go. Three days of practice has them ready to go.
I think Tampa has a good chance of winning this series and I wouldn’t consider it an upset of they did. I think the teams are evenly matched and I like the Lightning’s forwards against the Jersey defense. But the spectre of Brodeur lies in wait. He is a very focused goaltender and if he is at the top of his game he can win this series almost by himself. That’s why I say New Jersey will win the series in six games, but the Lightning are very capable of winning and I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.
EDIT 7:23 P.M.
Lightning scratches - Marc Denis, Doug Janik, Luke Richardson, Matt Smaby, Blair Jones, Karl Stewart
That means Andreas Karlsson will center the fourth line between Nick Tarnasky and Andre Roy.
Starting lineup for Tampa Bay - Prospal-Lecavalier-St. Louis; on defense Dan Boyle and Paul Ranger
For New Jersey - Sergei Brylin-John Madden-Jay Pandolfo and on defense Colin White and Brian Rafalski