Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Super Bowl XXXVII Jackson to name Bucs picks
Posted Apr 23, 2012 by Roy Cummings
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 05:55 PM
BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA – Former Buccaneers safety Dexter Jackson, the MVP of the team’s Super Bowl XXXVII championship, will announce the team’s second- and third-round draft picks from Radio City Music Hall on Friday, the NFL announced Monday.
Jackson was a fourth-round pick of the Bucs in 1999 who capped his run with the Bucs by intercepting two passes to help Tampa Bay defeat the Oakland Raider 41-28 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego to earn MVP honors.
Jackson is one of 33 NFL alumni, one from each team and two from the Rams, who will announce their former team’s second- and third-round selections, continuing a program that began during last year’s draft.
Former Bucs safety John Lynch announced the Bucs selection of defensive end Da’Quan Bowers a year ago, when alumni members announced the selection of their former team’s second-round draft picks.