Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Sunlake’s Connor Gilboy sets Pasco County boys soccer single-season scoring record
Posted Jan 17, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jan 17, 2013 at 02:11 PM
Pasco County has a new boys soccer scoring champion.
Sunlake senior forward Connor Gilboy, who will lead the 25-0 Seahawks into the Class 3A-District 7 tournament at Pasco as the No. 1 seed, has scored 58 goals thus far this season, setting a new Pasco County boys soccer single-season record, breaking the old record that stood for 13 years.
Giboy added two goals Wednesday against Wiregrass Ranch, but had already surpassed former Land O’ Lakes star Justin Geisler, who scored 55 goals in 2000. Earlier in the season, not only did Gilboy, a four-year varsity starter, notch 100 career goals, but he also broke the Sunlake scoring record, which was held by former teammate, Jordan Landry, who scored 52 in 2010.
However, Gilboy would be hard pressed to break the boys career record for goals, which is held by Pasco’s Joe Montelongo, who had 143 goals. Former Land O’ Lakes girls soccer great, Stacy Bishop, who helped lead the Gators to county’s first state title, has 192 career goals for the all-time record, including scoring 55 in 2003.
Additionally, Gilboy still has some work to set the all-time county single-season scoring record.
In 1991, former Ridgewood great Melissa Wells scored 63 goals in a season, meaning Gilboy will need to score six more goals in next week’s district tournament, and possibly beyond, to break that record.
Pasco County’s All-Time Single Season Scorers
Melissa Wells (Ridgewood) - 63 (‘91)
Connor Gilboy (Sunlake) - 58 (‘13)
Stacy Bishop (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘03)
Justin Geisler (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘00)
Novica Maric (Gulf) - 53 (‘04)
Jordan Landry (Sunlake) - 52 (‘11)
Joe MonteLongo (Pasco) - 48 (‘08)