Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Sunlake’s Connor Gilboy sets Pasco County boys soccer single-season scoring record
Posted Jan 17, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jan 17, 2013 at 02:11 PM
Pasco County has a new boys soccer scoring champion.
Sunlake senior forward Connor Gilboy, who will lead the 25-0 Seahawks into the Class 3A-District 7 tournament at Pasco as the No. 1 seed, has scored 58 goals thus far this season, setting a new Pasco County boys soccer single-season record, breaking the old record that stood for 13 years.
Giboy added two goals Wednesday against Wiregrass Ranch, but had already surpassed former Land O’ Lakes star Justin Geisler, who scored 55 goals in 2000. Earlier in the season, not only did Gilboy, a four-year varsity starter, notch 100 career goals, but he also broke the Sunlake scoring record, which was held by former teammate, Jordan Landry, who scored 52 in 2010.
However, Gilboy would be hard pressed to break the boys career record for goals, which is held by Pasco’s Joe Montelongo, who had 143 goals. Former Land O’ Lakes girls soccer great, Stacy Bishop, who helped lead the Gators to county’s first state title, has 192 career goals for the all-time record, including scoring 55 in 2003.
Additionally, Gilboy still has some work to set the all-time county single-season scoring record.
In 1991, former Ridgewood great Melissa Wells scored 63 goals in a season, meaning Gilboy will need to score six more goals in next week’s district tournament, and possibly beyond, to break that record.
Pasco County’s All-Time Single Season Scorers
Melissa Wells (Ridgewood) - 63 (‘91)
Connor Gilboy (Sunlake) - 58 (‘13)
Stacy Bishop (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘03)
Justin Geisler (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘00)
Novica Maric (Gulf) - 53 (‘04)
Jordan Landry (Sunlake) - 52 (‘11)
Joe MonteLongo (Pasco) - 48 (‘08)