Most Recent Entries
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
- Glennon finalist for rookie award for second straight week
Sunlake’s Connor Gilboy sets Pasco County boys soccer single-season scoring record
Posted Jan 17, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Jan 17, 2013 at 02:11 PM
Pasco County has a new boys soccer scoring champion.
Sunlake senior forward Connor Gilboy, who will lead the 25-0 Seahawks into the Class 3A-District 7 tournament at Pasco as the No. 1 seed, has scored 58 goals thus far this season, setting a new Pasco County boys soccer single-season record, breaking the old record that stood for 13 years.
Giboy added two goals Wednesday against Wiregrass Ranch, but had already surpassed former Land O’ Lakes star Justin Geisler, who scored 55 goals in 2000. Earlier in the season, not only did Gilboy, a four-year varsity starter, notch 100 career goals, but he also broke the Sunlake scoring record, which was held by former teammate, Jordan Landry, who scored 52 in 2010.
However, Gilboy would be hard pressed to break the boys career record for goals, which is held by Pasco’s Joe Montelongo, who had 143 goals. Former Land O’ Lakes girls soccer great, Stacy Bishop, who helped lead the Gators to county’s first state title, has 192 career goals for the all-time record, including scoring 55 in 2003.
Additionally, Gilboy still has some work to set the all-time county single-season scoring record.
In 1991, former Ridgewood great Melissa Wells scored 63 goals in a season, meaning Gilboy will need to score six more goals in next week’s district tournament, and possibly beyond, to break that record.
Pasco County’s All-Time Single Season Scorers
Melissa Wells (Ridgewood) - 63 (‘91)
Connor Gilboy (Sunlake) - 58 (‘13)
Stacy Bishop (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘03)
Justin Geisler (Land O’ Lakes) - 55 (‘00)
Novica Maric (Gulf) - 53 (‘04)
Jordan Landry (Sunlake) - 52 (‘11)
Joe MonteLongo (Pasco) - 48 (‘08)