Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Moore looks for 9th, Hernandez staying put, Price update
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Stevens Coming Back, But Who Goes
Posted Sep 15, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Sep 15, 2008 at 11:29 AM
TAMPA - TE Jerrmay Stevens is due to return from his two game suspension this week. Assuming Stevens is placed back on the active roster, someone has to go.
Judging by what Coach Jon Gruden had to say during his Monday morning press conference, it won’t be a quarterback. It could, however, be a tight end, possibly Ben Troupe.
Troupe hasn’t done much since coming to the Bucs as a free agent this past offseason. He has yet to catch a pass and seems to have been replaced as a target by John Gilmore, who made two catches Sunday, including one for a touchdown.
The one thing that could save Troupe is the Bucs injury situation. They continue to be battered there, with Joey Galloway the latest to go down. Galloway is believed to have a foot sprain but we have no ideal how serious it really is and the Bucs probably won’t update us until at least Wednesday.
There’s a chance Galloway misses this game and maybe a few more. The injuries are starting to pile up for him. In other injury news, it looks like Davin Joseph will miss another game, but he could be back for the Packers game in two weeks. The boot is off his foot and he’s moving around well, Gruden said.
The other notable thing to come out of Gruden’s presser is the Bucs penalty situation. The Bucs have been penalized 18 times for 160 yards the first two games. Gruden called that unacceptable and said the Bucs need to fix the problem fast.