Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Steven Stamkos a surprise scratch
Posted Jan 9, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jan 9, 2009 at 04:13 PM
ANAHEIM, Calif. - Judging from the situation on the ice right now, overall No. 1 pick Steven Stamkos appears to be out of the lineup tonight against the Ducks. The players all took part in the morning skate, whcih was really a few circles around the ice followed by a 20-minute meeting down in the far corner of the ice. As soon as the meeting ended, all the players filed off the ice except all three goaltenders, David Koci and Stamkos.
Earlier today, Stamkos was named to the Young Stars roster for All-Star weekend in Montreal as part of the rookie team.
In 40 games this season Stamkos has four goals and 14 points. In the past 16 games he has one goal and two assists while his ice time has dropped to about 11 minutes per game and he’s dropped down to the fourth line.