Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Steinbrenner’s Haney commits to State College of Florida
Posted Jan 28, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Steinbrenner baseball coach John Crumbley said catcher and infielder Jesse Haney committed to the State College of Florida in Manatee.
Haney, who will be starting his fourth season as a varsity member of the Warriors in February, hit .278, with 11 RBI and 14 runs scored in his junior season.
Since converting to a catcher two years ago, Crumbley said Haney has become a leader for the team.
“He’s a converted shortstop and since we moved him to catcher he’s becomd a great leader for us,” Crumbley said. “He understands the game, has a plus arm and two years of experience at the postion have made him a solid player behind the plate.”
State College of Florida plays in the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Division I.