Most Recent Entries
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
Steinbrenner’s Haney commits to State College of Florida
Posted Jan 28, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Steinbrenner baseball coach John Crumbley said catcher and infielder Jesse Haney committed to the State College of Florida in Manatee.
Haney, who will be starting his fourth season as a varsity member of the Warriors in February, hit .278, with 11 RBI and 14 runs scored in his junior season.
Since converting to a catcher two years ago, Crumbley said Haney has become a leader for the team.
“He’s a converted shortstop and since we moved him to catcher he’s becomd a great leader for us,” Crumbley said. “He understands the game, has a plus arm and two years of experience at the postion have made him a solid player behind the plate.”
State College of Florida plays in the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Division I.