Most Recent Entries
- Top recruits aren’t the only people being developed under Callahan
- Pasco High’s Andrew Ivie, Bowman Archibald pick up offers from USF
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
Steinbrenner’s Haney commits to State College of Florida
Posted Jan 28, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 05:32 PM
Steinbrenner baseball coach John Crumbley said catcher and infielder Jesse Haney committed to the State College of Florida in Manatee.
Haney, who will be starting his fourth season as a varsity member of the Warriors in February, hit .278, with 11 RBI and 14 runs scored in his junior season.
Since converting to a catcher two years ago, Crumbley said Haney has become a leader for the team.
“He’s a converted shortstop and since we moved him to catcher he’s becomd a great leader for us,” Crumbley said. “He understands the game, has a plus arm and two years of experience at the postion have made him a solid player behind the plate.”
State College of Florida plays in the National Junior College Athletic Association’s Division I.