Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Steinbrenner’s Gordon commits to Mississippi State
Posted Jul 9, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Steinbrenner’s Cole Gordon has verbally committed to play baseball for Mississippi State University, Warriors coach John Crumbley said on Tuesday.
Crumbley said Gordon has committed as a first baseman prospect and hitter after another solid season at the plate. As a junior Gordon hit .422, with 30 runs scored, 33 RBI and seven home runs and was named as a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Teamer.
Crumbley said Gordon, who had a solid sophomore season as a pitcher going 6-1, with 0.95 ERA before being unable to pitch in his junior season, has had done some pitching this summer and has hopes to get back to his previous form as a senior.
Gordon is the second Division 1 commit for the Warriors as fellow All-Hillsborough First Team teammate Kevin Merrell (who will also be a senior) has verbally committed to South Florida.