Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Steinbrenner’s Gordon commits to Mississippi State
Posted Jul 9, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Steinbrenner’s Cole Gordon has verbally committed to play baseball for Mississippi State University, Warriors coach John Crumbley said on Tuesday.
Crumbley said Gordon has committed as a first baseman prospect and hitter after another solid season at the plate. As a junior Gordon hit .422, with 30 runs scored, 33 RBI and seven home runs and was named as a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Teamer.
Crumbley said Gordon, who had a solid sophomore season as a pitcher going 6-1, with 0.95 ERA before being unable to pitch in his junior season, has had done some pitching this summer and has hopes to get back to his previous form as a senior.
Gordon is the second Division 1 commit for the Warriors as fellow All-Hillsborough First Team teammate Kevin Merrell (who will also be a senior) has verbally committed to South Florida.