Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Steinbrenner’s Gordon commits to Mississippi State
Posted Jul 9, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 9, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Steinbrenner’s Cole Gordon has verbally committed to play baseball for Mississippi State University, Warriors coach John Crumbley said on Tuesday.
Crumbley said Gordon has committed as a first baseman prospect and hitter after another solid season at the plate. As a junior Gordon hit .422, with 30 runs scored, 33 RBI and seven home runs and was named as a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Teamer.
Crumbley said Gordon, who had a solid sophomore season as a pitcher going 6-1, with 0.95 ERA before being unable to pitch in his junior season, has had done some pitching this summer and has hopes to get back to his previous form as a senior.
Gordon is the second Division 1 commit for the Warriors as fellow All-Hillsborough First Team teammate Kevin Merrell (who will also be a senior) has verbally committed to South Florida.