Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Steinbrenner’s Diaz commits to Jacksonville University
Posted Jun 27, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jun 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Former Steinbrenner second baseman Christian Diaz committed to play at Jacksonville University according to Warriors coach John Crumbley.
Diaz hit .349 this season with 17 runs scored, 18 RBI and one homerun for the 17-7 Warriors.
Diaz was a three-year starter at Steinbrenner with a career .380 batting average and was also class president.
“Christian is a tremendous young man who as a three-year starter,” Crumbley said. “He was the perfect kind of player to help us start a program here at Steinbrenner.”