Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Steinbrenner girls soccer coach resigns
Posted Jul 16, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Angela Gillisse has resigned as Steinbrenner’s girls soccer coach. She said she stepped down last Thursday and has taken a position with a local nonprofit group.
Gillisse, a former University of Tampa and Durant High standout, led the fourth-year program to a 14-6 record and its fourth straight postseason berth in her first season at the helm. The Warriors finished as the Class 4A-District 8 runner-up to Wiregrass Ranch before being eliminated by state finalist Lakeland George Jenkins in the regional quarterfinals.
The resignation means Steinbrenner is looking for its fourth coach in as many seasons.
Teresa Patterson led the program for its first two years, resigning after the Warriors won the 4A state title in 2011. Robert Woodard coached the squad for the 2011-12 season before stepping down.
Steinbrenner athletic director Eddie Henderson said they are current advertising the coaching position, adding that there is no timetable to name a replacement.