Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
Steinbrenner girls soccer coach resigns
Posted Jul 16, 2013 by Kyle LoJacono
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Angela Gillisse has resigned as Steinbrenner’s girls soccer coach. She said she stepped down last Thursday and has taken a position with a local nonprofit group.
Gillisse, a former University of Tampa and Durant High standout, led the fourth-year program to a 14-6 record and its fourth straight postseason berth in her first season at the helm. The Warriors finished as the Class 4A-District 8 runner-up to Wiregrass Ranch before being eliminated by state finalist Lakeland George Jenkins in the regional quarterfinals.
The resignation means Steinbrenner is looking for its fourth coach in as many seasons.
Teresa Patterson led the program for its first two years, resigning after the Warriors won the 4A state title in 2011. Robert Woodard coached the squad for the 2011-12 season before stepping down.
Steinbrenner athletic director Eddie Henderson said they are current advertising the coaching position, adding that there is no timetable to name a replacement.