Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Steinbrenner Basketball announces pair of summer camps
Posted Apr 19, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Steinbrenner High’s basketball program has announced it will again host a pair of week-long summer basketball camps aimed at helping youth players from ages 8-16 in co-ed fundamental training.
The camps, which will include Warriors girls basketball coach JR Allen and players from both the boys and girls Steinbrenner teams, looks to teach players of all skill sets the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting and defending the basketball.
The two camps will be hosted from June 17-20, lasting from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day and the second camp will be held from July 29-August 1.
In a release issued by the basketball program, the camps will also include a variety of basketball related competitions including free throw shooting, Hot Shot, 21 and other games. Awards will be given out in each age and gender group throughout the week and each camper will receive a shirt.