Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Steinbrenner Basketball announces pair of summer camps
Posted Apr 19, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Apr 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Steinbrenner High’s basketball program has announced it will again host a pair of week-long summer basketball camps aimed at helping youth players from ages 8-16 in co-ed fundamental training.
The camps, which will include Warriors girls basketball coach JR Allen and players from both the boys and girls Steinbrenner teams, looks to teach players of all skill sets the fundamentals of dribbling, passing, shooting and defending the basketball.
The two camps will be hosted from June 17-20, lasting from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. each day and the second camp will be held from July 29-August 1.
In a release issued by the basketball program, the camps will also include a variety of basketball related competitions including free throw shooting, Hot Shot, 21 and other games. Awards will be given out in each age and gender group throughout the week and each camper will receive a shirt.