- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
St. Pete Bowl set for Dec. 20, ESPN2
Posted May 20, 2008 by Brett McMurphy
Updated May 20, 2008 at 02:14 PM
The inaugural St. Petersburg Bowl will be played Saturday, Dec. 20, 2008, at Tropicana Field. Kickoff is 6:30 p.m. and will be televised on ESPN2.
The bowl will pit teams from the Big East and Conference USA.
“We are not only thrilled to create a Florida bowl game experience for teams from C-USA and the Big East, we’re also proud to showcase the St. Petersburg area and all it has to offer,” said Pete Derzis, ESPN Regional Television’s Senior Vice President and General Manager. “The early evening kickoff will allow those attending the game to enjoy a full day of Florida’s renowned December weather before their bowl experience.”
Bowl organizers originally wanted the game on Sunday, Dec. 21, but changed when the NFL schedule had the Bucs host San Diego that evening on national TV.
Tickets to the 2008 St. Petersburg Bowl are expected to go on sale this summer. For information, call 1-800-325-2910 or go to StPetersburgBowl.com.