Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Sollazzo signs pro contract
Posted Aug 9, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Former Armwood High School basketball player Adam Sollazzo, who became a 1,000-point career scorer at East Tennessee State University, has signed a professional contract with a first-division club, CSS Bega Timisoara, is Romania. The club finished second last season in the Romanian league.
Sollazzo, who had workouts with the New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks, has a one-year opt out in his contract. He leaves Saturday for Romania.
At ETSU, he was the Atlantic Sun Conference’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the school’s 35th 1,000-point scorer. He was a first-team selection to the All Atlantic Sun team, averaging 15.5 points, 4.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game. He led the Bucs in scoring and assists, while ranking third in rebounding and steals (1.7 per game). He will graduate magna ##### laude in business marketing.