Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Sollazzo signs pro contract
Posted Aug 9, 2012 by Joey Johnston
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Former Armwood High School basketball player Adam Sollazzo, who became a 1,000-point career scorer at East Tennessee State University, has signed a professional contract with a first-division club, CSS Bega Timisoara, is Romania. The club finished second last season in the Romanian league.
Sollazzo, who had workouts with the New York Knicks and Atlanta Hawks, has a one-year opt out in his contract. He leaves Saturday for Romania.
At ETSU, he was the Atlantic Sun Conference’s Scholar-Athlete of the Year and became the school’s 35th 1,000-point scorer. He was a first-team selection to the All Atlantic Sun team, averaging 15.5 points, 4.4 assists and 5.6 rebounds per game. He led the Bucs in scoring and assists, while ranking third in rebounding and steals (1.7 per game). He will graduate magna ##### laude in business marketing.