Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Smith, Griese and Phillips Absent
Posted Nov 13, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Nov 13, 2008 at 04:20 PM
It is starting to appear that Tampa Bay TE Alex Smith (ankle) may not play this Sunday against Minnesota.
Smith did not participate in Thursday’s practice, along with QB Brian Griese (elbow) and S Jermaine Phillips (forearm).
“With our tight end situation, Alex Smith is the key,” Tampa Bay Coach Jon Gruden said. “He’s played a lot of football for us. A lot of different roles and we’re concerned about his status for this game.”
Griese sustained his injury against Denver on Oct. 5 and had been a limited participant in practice, but Gruden said his quarterback’s absence from practice this week does not indicate a rehab setback.
“We want him to heal,” Griese said. “We are keeping him idle right now. We think he’ll be OK in a few days. We have plenty of quarterbacks to work with.”