Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Smith, Griese and Phillips Absent
Posted Nov 13, 2008 by Anwar S. Richardson
Updated Nov 13, 2008 at 04:20 PM
It is starting to appear that Tampa Bay TE Alex Smith (ankle) may not play this Sunday against Minnesota.
Smith did not participate in Thursday’s practice, along with QB Brian Griese (elbow) and S Jermaine Phillips (forearm).
“With our tight end situation, Alex Smith is the key,” Tampa Bay Coach Jon Gruden said. “He’s played a lot of football for us. A lot of different roles and we’re concerned about his status for this game.”
Griese sustained his injury against Denver on Oct. 5 and had been a limited participant in practice, but Gruden said his quarterback’s absence from practice this week does not indicate a rehab setback.
“We want him to heal,” Griese said. “We are keeping him idle right now. We think he’ll be OK in a few days. We have plenty of quarterbacks to work with.”