Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Six Berkeley Prep athletes will sign NLIs
Posted Apr 29, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Apr 29, 2013 at 03:55 PM
Six student-athletes from Berkeley Prep will sign national letters of intent Tuesday at 12:45 p.m. in the school’s Straz Family Field House.
Chris Erdmier, baseball, Sewanee: Erdmier is currently hitting .271 with 15 RBI’s and 4 doubles. He has been a four-year starter for Berkeley, and his consistent play at second base along with his ability to hit in high pressure situations have once again taken the Bucs to the state playoffs.
Hilleary Gramling, cross country and track and field, Emory University. A team captain, Gramling posted a season-best time of 2:33 in the 800 and earned a place as a regional qualifier after running the 1600 meter in 5:37. Gramling also qualified for regionals as a member of the 4 x 400 and 4 x 800 relay teams.
Francis Migliore, rowing, Colgate University. Migliore has been a member of Berkeley’s rowing team for four years, and this year, he broke the seven-minute mark on his 2k erg time.
Samantha Moench, volleyball, Washington and Lee University. Moench played back row at Berkeley and led the team with 31 aces in her senior season. She was a part of three state champion teams while at Berkeley and was a state runner-up as a senior.
Morgan Orobello, soccer, Georgia. As Berkeley’s goalkeeper, Orobello recorded three shutouts in her senior season. She also contributed to Berkeley’s offense, scoring five goals in 2012-13.
Georgette Price, cross country and track and field, University of Hartford. As a senior, Price finished sixth in the state championships and won the district championship in the 800 meters. Her best time of the season was 2:17.83. Her season best for the 1600 was 5:32 and she posted 12:10 in the 3200 meters. She was a regional qualifier in the 4 x 400 and 4 x 800 relay teams.
Senior Caroline Willis will sign a national letter of intent to compete in rowing for Duke University at a later date.