Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Sickles’ Robinson, Najera, Vasquez make college commitments
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 01:37 PM
Sickles football players Jordan Robinson, Rico Najera and Andres Vasquez have made commitments to Division I college football programs, Gryphons head coach Brian Turner anounced Wednesday.
Robinson, a 5-foot-11, 186 pound strong safety/linebacker, and Najera, a 6-4, 240 offensive tackle, are both going to sign with Jacksonville University. The Dolphins compete in the Pioneer Football League, which has schools as far away as California and New York.
Robinson was one of the team’s top tacklers last season with 64. He also recorded two sacks and two interceptions.
Vasquez (6-1, 170) was one of Hillsborough County’s top place kickers and punters last season. He’s made a commitment to Western Michigan.
A fourth Gryphons player, defensive tackle Jorge Soba (6-1, 275), who had three sacks and 34 tackles last fall, is deciding between Moorhead State and Webber International, Turner said.
A signing ceremony for all four players will take place at the school later this month.