Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Sickles’ Robinson, Najera, Vasquez make college commitments
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 01:37 PM
Sickles football players Jordan Robinson, Rico Najera and Andres Vasquez have made commitments to Division I college football programs, Gryphons head coach Brian Turner anounced Wednesday.
Robinson, a 5-foot-11, 186 pound strong safety/linebacker, and Najera, a 6-4, 240 offensive tackle, are both going to sign with Jacksonville University. The Dolphins compete in the Pioneer Football League, which has schools as far away as California and New York.
Robinson was one of the team’s top tacklers last season with 64. He also recorded two sacks and two interceptions.
Vasquez (6-1, 170) was one of Hillsborough County’s top place kickers and punters last season. He’s made a commitment to Western Michigan.
A fourth Gryphons player, defensive tackle Jorge Soba (6-1, 275), who had three sacks and 34 tackles last fall, is deciding between Moorhead State and Webber International, Turner said.
A signing ceremony for all four players will take place at the school later this month.