Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Sickles’ Robinson, Najera, Vasquez make college commitments
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 01:37 PM
Sickles football players Jordan Robinson, Rico Najera and Andres Vasquez have made commitments to Division I college football programs, Gryphons head coach Brian Turner anounced Wednesday.
Robinson, a 5-foot-11, 186 pound strong safety/linebacker, and Najera, a 6-4, 240 offensive tackle, are both going to sign with Jacksonville University. The Dolphins compete in the Pioneer Football League, which has schools as far away as California and New York.
Robinson was one of the team’s top tacklers last season with 64. He also recorded two sacks and two interceptions.
Vasquez (6-1, 170) was one of Hillsborough County’s top place kickers and punters last season. He’s made a commitment to Western Michigan.
A fourth Gryphons player, defensive tackle Jorge Soba (6-1, 275), who had three sacks and 34 tackles last fall, is deciding between Moorhead State and Webber International, Turner said.
A signing ceremony for all four players will take place at the school later this month.