Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Sickles’ Mills, Mathis land first offers
Posted Jul 21, 2012 by TBO Staff
Updated Jul 21, 2012 at 07:52 PM
Sickles quarterback Nate Mills and wide receiver Deandre Mathis landed their first scholarship offers, from Division I FCS school Alcorn State, Gryphons coach Brian Turner announced Saturday.
Turner said the offers came directly from the Braves’ new head coach, Jay Hopson.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound Mills threw for more than 1,138 yards last season and 13 touchdowns last season as a junior. Mathis had 13 receptions for 265 yards and scored six touchdowns, the most of any Gryphons receiver.
Alcorn State plays in the Southwestern Athletic Conference and more than 50 alumni have reached the NFL, including former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair.