Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Sickles’ Mills, Mathis land first offers
Posted Jul 21, 2012 by TBO Staff
Updated Jul 21, 2012 at 07:52 PM
Sickles quarterback Nate Mills and wide receiver Deandre Mathis landed their first scholarship offers, from Division I FCS school Alcorn State, Gryphons coach Brian Turner announced Saturday.
Turner said the offers came directly from the Braves’ new head coach, Jay Hopson.
The 5-foot-11, 185-pound Mills threw for more than 1,138 yards last season and 13 touchdowns last season as a junior. Mathis had 13 receptions for 265 yards and scored six touchdowns, the most of any Gryphons receiver.
Alcorn State plays in the Southwestern Athletic Conference and more than 50 alumni have reached the NFL, including former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair.