Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Shank out as Gulf boys hoops coach
Posted May 24, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated May 24, 2012 at 04:04 PM
Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High School and is out as boys basketball coach, Buccaneers athletic director Travis DeWalt confirmed Thursday afternoon.
“Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High School,” DeWalt said. “We’re looking to fill the position as soon as possible. That’s our time frame for hiring someone at this moment.”
DeWalt stated he has no further comments on the situation.
In Shank’s lone season as basketball coach, he led the Buccaneers to a 10-14 record, with the season ending in the Class 5A-District 8 quarterfinal loss to Ridgewood (62-55).
Shank was tabbed as the successor for Buck DeWitt after the 2010-2011 season when DeWitt was forced to step down due to health reasons.