Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Season-opener is SOLD OUT
Posted Mar 31, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2011 at 04:38 PM
BY ROGER MOONEY
ST. PETERSBURG—Though a limited number of scattered individual tickets remain, the Rays are officially calling Friday’s season opener against the Orioles sold out.
This is the sixth consecutive season the Rays have sold out the home opener.
Fans can purchase the individual tickets at raysbaseball.com.
Or you can buy tickets on Stubhub.com, though you will have to pay above face value.
Game time is 7:10 p.m.
The Tropicana Field parking lost open at 2 p.m. Friday. The stadium gates open at 4 p.m.