Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Season-opener is SOLD OUT
Posted Mar 31, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2011 at 04:38 PM
BY ROGER MOONEY
ST. PETERSBURG—Though a limited number of scattered individual tickets remain, the Rays are officially calling Friday’s season opener against the Orioles sold out.
This is the sixth consecutive season the Rays have sold out the home opener.
Fans can purchase the individual tickets at raysbaseball.com.
Or you can buy tickets on Stubhub.com, though you will have to pay above face value.
Game time is 7:10 p.m.
The Tropicana Field parking lost open at 2 p.m. Friday. The stadium gates open at 4 p.m.