Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Season-opener is SOLD OUT
Posted Mar 31, 2011 by Roger Mooney
Updated Mar 31, 2011 at 04:38 PM
BY ROGER MOONEY
ST. PETERSBURG—Though a limited number of scattered individual tickets remain, the Rays are officially calling Friday’s season opener against the Orioles sold out.
This is the sixth consecutive season the Rays have sold out the home opener.
Fans can purchase the individual tickets at raysbaseball.com.
Or you can buy tickets on Stubhub.com, though you will have to pay above face value.
Game time is 7:10 p.m.
The Tropicana Field parking lost open at 2 p.m. Friday. The stadium gates open at 4 p.m.