Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Scott brings something for “show and tell”
Posted Feb 18, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
PORT CHARLOTTE Luke Scott promised to bring something interesting this morning for “show and tell” and he did – a stuffed boar’s head.
“My first confirmed kill with a spear,” he said before heading out for today’s workout.
It’s another chilly morning here at Charlotte Sports Complex, with temperatures inching up into the low-40s.
The workout will be a quick one.
The Rays will be off the field by 10:15 a.m. so they can attend this afternoon’s fundraising golf tournament at Ritz-Carlton Members Golf Club in Bradenton. It is the annual Rays Charity Golf Tournament to benefit the Rays Baseball Foundation.