Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Saturday is target day for frontline pitchers
Posted Mar 1, 2009 by Tribune Sports
Updated Mar 1, 2009 at 01:21 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE - Manager Joe Maddon said this morning he’ll start using is frontline pitchers on Saturday, but he wasn’t ready to announce a schedule.
Between now and then, the spring training starters will be Jason Hammel today, Wade Davis tomorrow, Jeff Niemann Wednesday and Carlos Hernandez on Friday. Thursday is an off-day.
Maddon also said he’d like to get first baseman Carlos Pena, who underwent surgery in January to repair an abdominal muscle tear, in a game “by Friday if possible.”
- Tony Fabrizio