Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Saturday game (sorta) sold out
Posted May 30, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated May 30, 2008 at 08:30 PM
The Rays tell us Saturday’s game is sold out, though there are scattered single and obstructed-view seats available.
And no, this does not constitute a sudden uptick in support for the first-place Rays. You can chalk it up to the combination of a postgame Trace Adkins hoedown and a trucker hat giveaway.
Now, if they get 28,000 in here Sunday, I’ll stand corrected. But I’ll also believe it when I see it. There are plenty of empty seats in here tonight.