Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Saints Enter the Lito Shuffle
Posted Apr 25, 2008 by Roy Cummings
Updated Apr 25, 2008 at 06:08 PM
TAMPA - Word is the New Orleans Saints have entered the bidding for Eagles cornerback Lito Sheppard. That’s not good news for the Bucs.
The Saints pick well ahead of the Bucs and own the 40th overall pick in the second round. That’s believed to be what they’re offering for Sheppard, and it’s obviously a better offer than the Bucs have so far mustered. The Bucs are believed to have offered their second-round pick, which is No. 52 overall.
The Eagles would like two picks in return for Sheppard because that’s what the Falcons got for DeAngel Hall, who went to the Raiders for a second-round pick in this year’s draft and a fifth-round pick in the 2009 draft.
So far, the best offer the Eagles have fielded is for just a second-round pick. The Eagles are believed to be seeking an answer from the Bucs as to whether their reported offer of a second-round pick is their best and final offer. If not, this thing could sway back in favor of the Bucs. If so, the Saints could end up with Sheppard.
We’ll try to keep you informed of all that’s happening on this front but a good guess is that the Eagles will take this to the last minute tomorrow. And since they’re seeking primarily a second-round pick for Sheppard, this could drag on well into tomorrow evening.