Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Rocco, Floyd get Game 2 starts
Posted Oct 23, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Oct 23, 2008 at 04:39 PM
Good afternoon from the Trop, where the Rays will look to James Shields to get them back on track in Game 2 of the World Series, but also hope their offense comes through with a better showing tonight against Brett Myers than it did yesterday against Cole Hamels.
The new additions to the lineup tonight are as expected, with Cliff Floyd in the DH slot and Rocco Baldelli playing right field. Baldelli has never faced Myers, but Floyd has had considerable success agianst the right-hander, hitting .364 with two doubles, three homers and eight RBIs agianst him in 33 career at-bats.
Here’s the Rays’ full lineup: