Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Rocco, Floyd get Game 2 starts
Posted Oct 23, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Oct 23, 2008 at 04:39 PM
Good afternoon from the Trop, where the Rays will look to James Shields to get them back on track in Game 2 of the World Series, but also hope their offense comes through with a better showing tonight against Brett Myers than it did yesterday against Cole Hamels.
The new additions to the lineup tonight are as expected, with Cliff Floyd in the DH slot and Rocco Baldelli playing right field. Baldelli has never faced Myers, but Floyd has had considerable success agianst the right-hander, hitting .364 with two doubles, three homers and eight RBIs agianst him in 33 career at-bats.
Here’s the Rays’ full lineup: