Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
Rocco, Floyd get Game 2 starts
Posted Oct 23, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Oct 23, 2008 at 04:39 PM
Good afternoon from the Trop, where the Rays will look to James Shields to get them back on track in Game 2 of the World Series, but also hope their offense comes through with a better showing tonight against Brett Myers than it did yesterday against Cole Hamels.
The new additions to the lineup tonight are as expected, with Cliff Floyd in the DH slot and Rocco Baldelli playing right field. Baldelli has never faced Myers, but Floyd has had considerable success agianst the right-hander, hitting .364 with two doubles, three homers and eight RBIs agianst him in 33 career at-bats.
Here’s the Rays’ full lineup: